Having pet horses is always a great feeling, as these animals are extremely adorable and loving in nature. You give them love, and they shall give their life for you in return. Obviously, you want to see your pet horses happy. To order to keep them happy, you have to give them good food. Along with that, you need to take care of their health. Regular health checkup is required for the horses. It has been found that horses are vulnerable to certain diseases. These diseases or health issues for the horses have been listed in the following section of this article.
Arthritis is not just a disease for human beings; it also happens to horses. The horses, which undergo extensive training sessions, are most vulnerable to this disease. With this slowly developing disease, joint tissue becomes weak. As a result, horses find it difficult to run as well as a stroll. It is better to prevent this disease rather than treat it for your horse. There are some clinical signs which say that your horse is developing arthritis.
- The heated feeling in the joint area
- Swelling joints
- Stiffness of muscle
There are a few methods to prevent arthritis among pet horses. If you are careful, you can help your horse to escape such deadly bone disease. You need to follow the steps below.
- Before extensive exercise, warming up is important. So, encourage horses to undergo warming up practices.
- Riding horse on the uneven ground can cause arthritis to your pet. Make sure that you ride a horse on flat surfaces.
- In regular checkups, horse weight needs to be monitored, as obesity can be the reason behind arthritis.
2. Gastric Ulcers
This is a common disease among human beings, and now it is common among the horses as well. Improper diet is the reason behind gastric ulcer. It is basically, the creation of ulcer at the interior of the stomach due to the acid secretion. To know more about it, you can visit TVG. Typically, gastric ulcers are detected through medical tests and laser equipment. However, there are some signs or symptoms which could alarm you on the health of your horse. Here are the signs of gastric ulcer among the horses.
- Reduced apatite among the horses.
- Losing natural sheen of the body, though it is a late symptom not an early one.
- Change ion temperament of horses.
- Lack of interest in training.
Colic can simply be called as abdominal pain among the horses. Now, it is difficult to understand the abdominal pain of the horse, unless you are well-connected to your pet. Surely, the horse cannot let you know about its pain, but it will show up some symptoms. These symptoms are:
- Pawing on the ground.
- High body heat and increased pulse.
- Turning to look at the abdomen.
These are the commonest symptoms of abdominal pain or colic among the pet horses. Once you have noted the symptoms, you need to consult animal doctors to find the reason behind such a physical issue. Treatment must be started at the earliest.