What are computer science and its applications?
Computer science is basically the study of science that revolves around the computers. It is the study of the theory, experimentation, and engineering that form the basis for the design and use of computers. It is the field of study that deals with computers and computational systems. Unlike the other engineering programs, computer science deals with the theory, layout, development, and applications of software’s and the systems of software’s. The demand of good computer scientists are rapidly increasing around the globe as well as the demand of online education, thus the students who prefer online education and are interested in the field of computer science and its related applications can look for top online computer science colleges providing a deeper theoretical as well as practical knowledge about computer science.
Why study computer science?
The computer science is the field of study which is concerned with the design, development, and analysis of software and hardware. There are plenty of reasons to choose computer science as a field of study not just because it is exciting to work with computers but also because of the below mentioned facts about computer science:
- Computer science provides you with the basic as well as the advanced knowledge about computer systems, its applications and hardware and software.
- Computers are becoming a part of everything we do and thus knowledge about computers is an essential requirement.
- Knowledge about computers can help you to solve and analyze difficult problems.
- There is enormous career and job opportunities present in the field of computer science.
- Computer science and its application can bring about a positive change in the world.
- It provides a platform for the people to implement their creative and innovative ideas and concepts.
What are the functional areas of Computer Science?
Computer science is not limited to a few subjects and topics. It is a vast field of study which provides an individual the opportunity to explore and experiment in various fields of study. The major areas of study in computer science include:
- Artificial intelligence (AI).
- Systems and the networks of computers.
- Cyber security.
- Database systems or database management systems (DBMS).
- Human computer communication and interaction.
- Visualization and graphics.
- Numeric analysis.
- Programming languages.
- Software engineering.
- Theory of computing.
However, computer scientists also design, analyze, and implement various algorithms to solve different programs and also monitor the performance of hardware’s and software’s of the computer system.
The study of computer science also allows students the knowledge of developing and programming new applications, web pages, and software.
The advanced study of computer science also provides students the chance to research and experiment on various areas such as:
- Artificial intelligence
- Computer Engineering and Architecture
- Programming Systems and Operating Systems.
- Scientific Computing and many more areas as such.
Applications of computer science in everyday life
Computer science is a field of study that can be implemented in everything we do and below are few examples of the applications of computer science in daily life.
- Internet browsing: When a person is searching for information and types something on the search engine, how does the system provides you the relevant results within a matter of second? Well, the answer is through various search algorithms and parallel computing.
- Video games: Ever thought about how the games you play in your laptops or computer looks so real? It is possible because of the constantly improving computer graphics and visualizations.
- Online Shopping: When you purchase something online, have you ever wondered how nobody else can steal your credit or debit card information, or how does the website always predicts precisely what you might want to purchase? Well, this is because of network security and artificial intelligence.
- The smart phones you use are able to do so much more than just make some calls and text. It is because of programming, networking, and wireless networking.
There are various other applications of the computer science which we use on a daily. It is making our life easier day by day.
Career prospects for a computer scientist
The people who are good at problem solving and have an understanding and interests of computers can pursue their higher education from various different colleges offering on campus programs as well as online programs, for example if you look for top online colleges in Louisiana you will be able to find a lot of colleges offering online educational program for aspiring students, wanting to pursue online education in the field of computer science. The area of computer science attracts a lot of students as it is quite a popular field of study as well as offers a vast array of career prospects and job opportunities such as:
- Computer and Information System Manager
- Computer System Analyst
- Hardware Engineer
- Web and Application developer
- Software Developer and many more.
The computer science has always been an unavoidable part of human life since it was introduced to the world for the first time. The field of study has a lot of applications which impacts the everyday life of the human beings. Computer science in one way or other is connected to each and every human’s daily routine and is a field of study which makes life easier for the human beings.