As we know, Microsoft provides with one of the best Operating Systems for the PC users, which is the Windows OS. The developers of Microsoft released Windows Essentials in the year 2006, which is a set of Microsoft freeware applications for all the Windows OS users. These applications consist of Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, Mail, Writer, OneDrive, and Family Safety. These Windows Essentials applications are compatible with almost every version of Windows. It could be as old as Windows Vista or Windows XP and as latest as Windows 10 and all in between.
Windows Movie Maker, as the name suggests is a widely used video editing application where you can import videos, edit them, add effects and transitions and save them!
However, these Windows Essential apps, which include Windows Movie Maker, have been officially discontinued on January 10, 2017. Thus, you can no longer download the Windows Movie Maker on your Windows PC from the official website but, already installed applications will continue to function as usual. But, you can download it using the method which we have listed below. Before that, let’s look at some of the features of Windows Movie Maker and what system requirements are required to run this application on your Windows PC smoothly.
- Movie Maker is available only for the Windows Operating System and is compatible with almost every version of it ever released.
- A processor which is of 2.4 GHz or higher.
- Graphics or video card which supports Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later and Pixel Shader 2.0 or later.
- Minimum of 1GB RAM or 2GB RAM if using this application to edit high-definition videos.
- To record videos on Windows Movie Maker using a webcam, your PC must have Windows 7 installed on it.
Some of the most useful features of Windows Movie Maker are:
- You can add a number of photos to create a movie and then adjust the music in the background to fit your movie. This option can be enabled just by click on the ‘Fit to Screen’ option available in the Audio group.
- If you wish, you can also trim the music on your own. This feature allows the users to decide how long the music has to be played.
- You can also adjust the fade in and fade out of the music which you are using. Using this feature, one can create an even better movie.
- Windows Media Player has the capability to import photos and videos into it from a number of sources such as a digital camera, CD or DVD, any storage card, a video camera, and a videotape. Apart from these sources, you can also record videos by connecting a webcam to your PC using a USB cable.
- Trimming a video in Windows Movie Maker is quite easy! Select the video which you wish to trim and go to the Editing group which you will find under Video tools. Now, move the sliders to create a new starting and a new endpoint. Then, save the changes to trim your video on Windows Movie Maker.
- Adding the music to your project is very simple! All you need to do is, from the Home tab, select Add Music option in the Add group. A dialog box will appear on your screen from where you can select your music. Once selected, click on Open.
Also Check: Pixel 3 Release Date
How to Download Windows Movie Maker?
Two different versions of Windows Movie Maker are available for the users. One if for Windows 7 and above while the other is for all versions below Windows 7. Thus, while selecting the file, keep your Windows version which you are using in mind! You can download Windows Movie Maker on your PC from here.
How to Install Windows Movie Maker?
Once you have downloaded the suitable file for PC from the link provided above:
- Head over to the downloads section and search for the file.
- Once found, double-click on it to initiate the downloading process. And then, follow the on-screen instructions and dialog boxes to install Windows Movie Maker on your Windows PC.
You can then use the shortcut created on your desktop to launch this application.
This is all you need to know about Windows Movie maker and how to download and install it on your Windows Movie Maker. Do let us know your experience and what you think about Windows Movie Maker in the comments section below.